SHAREit for PC is a very famous file sharing application that has been around for quite some time now. It helps you transfer any and all kinds of files from one device to another. Our post on SHAREit for PC Download on Windows 10/8.1/7 will help you understand the mechanics of this app and how to get it.
SHAREit for PC is developed and maintained by Lenovo, which is a very famous electronics company. Now, this app allows many platforms like Windows Phone, Android, iOS, Mac OS and Windows PC to transfer files with high speed. This way, cross-platform file transfer won’t be a problem from now on. Mobdro for PC is also nice post.
There are many great things about this app that you will learn in the upcoming sections. We will also teach you how to download and install SHAREit for PC whether it’s a Windows or a Mac, irrespective of the platform that you are going to use it on.
SHAREit for PC Windows
As you can guess by the title of this post, we are only going to focus on the PC part, leaving out the smartphone platform. Let’s get to the installation part. Right off the bat, SHAREit for PC is officially available for both the Windows and Mac PC platforms.
|Download Size||5.18 MB|
|Features||Limitless platform to share data|
|Developers||SHAREit Technologies Co.Ltd|
|Latest Update||May 23, 2017|
There are various ways to download and install SHAREit on Windows and Mac OS. Each of them works perfectly fine and you can choose to use either one of them. We will discuss them one by one.
1st Method (SHAREit Website)
Basically, there are two methods to get the job done on a Windows PC. SHAREit for PC is available on the official website of the app and on the Microsoft Windows Store too. You can get it from anywhere and still it work the same. Let’s discuss the methods in brief.
Check out this great game:
- Open any browser on your Windows PC. Chrome or Firefox is preferable.
- Now click this link to go the official website of the app: SHAREit for PC website
- Once you reach the site, you will see the logos of the different platforms.
- From those, select Windows and SHAREit for PC will Download will start automatically.
- After the download is complete, go to the downloads folder and then double-click the .exe file that you just downloaded.
This will start the setup process on your Windows PC. You just have to follow the instructions and it will be over in a minute.
2nd Method (Microsoft Store)
The other method is to get the app from the Windows Store. But for this method, you need to have Windows 8 or above.
- Open the Store on your PC, then search for the app using the search bar.
- Select the app from the results. Now, the app is free, so you just have to click the download button.
- It will ask you to select your Windows account to download SHAREit for PC.
- If you don’t have an account, you can quickly make one and proceed forward.
After that, the download will start and you will be able to use SHAREit on Windows in no time. Now, you can transfer files at lightning fast speed. Forget the USB cables because you can also connect it to your phones directly.
Install SHAREit on Mac OS
Installing this app is rather easy on the Mac just as it was on Windows. You can either get it from the Mac OS Store or the official website. Follow the steps given below to install SHAREit on PC Mac.
- Go to the official website using the following link: SHAREit on PC website
- Click the Mac OS tab which will start the download immediately.
- You will get the .dmg file of the app. Make sure to download the file on your Mac itself. .dmg stands for “Disk image”.
- Now, open the file by double-clicking it. This will mount the disk image on your storage.
- This will open a folder and you will be able to see the contents of the folder.
- Now, drag the app icon from that folder to the Applications icon of you Mac.
This will install SHAREit on your Mac in a couple of seconds. The alternate method that you can use to get the app is to get it from the Mac OS store as we have already mentioned above. Here are the steps.
- Open the Mac OS Store and search for SHAREit.
- Once you find the app, click its icon to go to the download page.
- The app is free, so you just have to click the download button to install it.
Both the methods are fine and SHAREit for PC will work perfectly with both of them. You can connect with anyone using the app and start sharing.
SHAREit PC using emulator
After discussing the methods for both the Windows and Mac OS platforms, there is still an alternate way by which you could use SHAREit for PC. It is known as the Android emulator method. There are many emulators out there, but we will use the Nox App Player for this one.
- First of all, you have to download the setup file of the emulator from the following link.
- After the downloads are complete, install the respective softwares on your PC.
- Then open the Nox App Player and complete the initial run.
- Now download the APK file of SHAREit from below.
Download SHAREit APK file
- Now, go to the downloads folder and find the APK file that you just downloaded.
- Drag the APK file and drop it into the Nox App Player window.
This will install SHAREit for PC in the emulator and you would be able to use just as you would on an Android smartphone. This method also works perfectly fine as long as the APK file is not infected with malware.
Features of SHAREit PC
There are some pretty great features under the hood of the SHAREit PC version. Apart from file sharing, you can clean the device junk, manage apps, etc. This app gives transfer speeds as high as 200 times faster than the conventional Bluetooth transfer.
Here is a list of features I have compiled to give you a clearer idea about how SHAREit PC is useful and a must-have app on your PC.
- Share files at speeds reaching up to 10 MB/s.
- You can share files of any format from one device to another.
- The size of the file doesn’t matter, as long as you have the file, you can SHAREit.
- Cross-platform support allows transferring files across different platforms like PC to Android, iOS, and vice versa.
- You can share videos, music, PDFs, documents, and many other formats with ease.
- Directly connect with your mobile devices using the same LAN network or by using the hotspot of one of them.
- Share with multiple devices all at once without compromising the transfer speed.
So, these were the amazing perks of having SHAREit on PC. Now, you won’t worry about using pen drives or Ethernet cables to transfer files from one PC to another. This totally eliminates the need for USB cables to transfer files from a phone to a PC.
How to use SHAREit on PC?
Here, you will learn the exact way of using the SHAREit for PC and how to connect to other PCs and smartphones. We will also show you how you can send files using the app across different platforms including Android and iOS.
- Open the app on your PC.
- To connect the PC to a smartphone, open SHAREit on that device.
- Open the menu from the left side and select “Connect to PC”.
- It will search for devices and will show your PC’s name if SHAREit is also open on the PC.
- Tap on the icon on your mobile and the two devices will be connected.
This can only happen if both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you don’t have a Wi-Fi Network, then you can connect them via the phone’s hotspot. Here’s how.
- Open SHAREit on PC and click “Search for mobile hotspot”.
- Then open the app on your phone and select “Connect to PC”.
- Then tap on the PC Search Mobile Tab on your phone.
- This will show up your phone’s icon on your PC and you can connect the two of them after that.
To connect two PCs, open the app on both of them, connect them both to the same Wi-Fi network and it’s done. You can now transfer files across the PCs. This completes the connection process and now we will see how to transfer the files.
- Once the two devices are connected, navigate your way to where the files are located and select as many as you want.
- Click Next and SHAREit will transfer those files.
- On a PC, you have to drag and drop files into the app’s window to transfer them.
This was how you can connect devices and transfer files across them. The app is very simple to use and works very smoothly.
With this, we would like to end our discussion on SHAREit for PC Download on Windows 10/8.1/7. I hope you have understood every single thing explained here. If you need any further assistance on the topic.